Just Sandy

This is my blog space thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Late- Creamy Chicken Alfredo w/ Zucchini Creation

The above is the last picture I took. This was really good! I think you could totally cook some pasta and use the extra sauce to create a pasta dish.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
6 boneless, skinless, checken-breast halfs (about 4oz each) I used 5 bc 1 of mine were really big!
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp plus- 1 tsp olive oil, divided
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp minced onion
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp coarsely ground pepper
1 tbsp coarsely chopped parsley

Makes 6 servings.

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375. Place flour in a shallow dish or pie plate. Sprinkle chicken with salt; coat with flour. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over med-high heat until hot. Add chicken; cook, turning once, until golden brown. 2-4 minutes per side. Remove chicken from skillet; place in 13x9 baking dish.

2. Heat remaning olive oil in same skillet over med heat until hot. Add garlic and onion; cook until fragrent and onion is tender, 1-2 minutes. Increase heat to med-high; add whipping crea,, Parmesan and pepper. Cook until sauce is bubbly and slightly thickened 2-3 minutes. Spoon sauce over chicken in dish.

3. Bake chicken until an instant-read thermometer  inserted in center of chicken registers 180 degrees, 8-12 minutes. Sprinkle with Parsley

I thought this needed some veggies and I used some of the things I had on hand.
I Cute up 2 zucchini's cooked with some chopped green onion in some canola oil (I always use canola oil in sub for any other oil, it's cheaper and more healthy). I  sprinkled with a bit of garlic salt, black pepper and a touch of chili powder. I didn't get a picture but I topped it with a little Monterrey jack cheese! YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment