Just Sandy

This is my blog space thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Meat Loaf Supreme

Ok guys! I HIGHLY recommend this recipe this is actually the 2nd time I have made it and it is AWESOME!!! My husband text me to tell me how delicious it was and how grateful he was for me making it lol!

So here is goes, sorry I didn't take as many pictures of the process but my daughter was running around getting in to all sorts of things that made my picture taking a minimum.

To make this you will need:
1 small onion
1/2 green bell pepper
1/2 cup milk
1 egg
3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1 tsp dried basil
1 tbsp dried parsley
1/8 tsp pepper
1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef

Topping:
3 tbsp Ketchup
1 tbsp Honey
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
(Personally I double the topping)

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 9x5-inch loaf pan with foil. Spray with cooking spray. Chop onion and bell pepper in food processor. (I used a 8x8 pan bc I don't have a 9x5 for some reason... I think someone has mine and has for a while! Bakes in 45 minutes to an hour)
  2. Combine milk and egg in a large bowl; add bread crumbs, basil, parsley and pepper. Stir until blended. Add onion and bell pepper; mix well. Add beef; mix just to combine ingredients.
  3. Shape mixture in prepared loaf pan. Do NOT pack.
Looks a little gross lol!









 For topping combine ketchup, honey and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl. Mix Well. Spread evenly over top of meat loaf


    




        4. Back meat loaf until cooked through, about 1 hour. Place pan on rack; let stand for 5 minutes, (I    disregard the next instructions) Lift meat loaf out of pan and place on a serving platter. Remove foil. Serve immediatly



This was after I cut a piece for my husband to take to work for his lunch. YUM!










This is my plate digging in with my daughter!






Again this is an AWESOME recipe. I highly recommend you try it!
Comments welcomed!

No comments:

Post a Comment