Just Sandy

This is my blog space thanks for stopping by!

Friday, January 20, 2012

Manicotti with 3 Cheeses

Today (or actually yesterday because it went past midnight posting this) I made Manicotti with 3 Cheeses
Ingredients:

12 Manicotti Shells
4 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided
8oz Soft Cream Cheese with Onions and Chives
3 Cups Marinara Sauce
1/2 Cup grated Parmesan Cheese

1. Cook Manicotti in large pot of boiling water according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water, drain again

2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray (I used a small amount of oil on bottom) Mix 3 Cups Mozzarella with Soft Cream Cheese. Stuff the Manicotti: place in prepared dish


I accidentally bought plain cream cheese so I added some onion and chives





Added the 3 cups Moz.





I split the Manicotti and handrolled the cheese mix and the curled it up.




3. Spoon Marinara Sauce on Manicotti.




Easy lol, except I didn't want to buy more sauce when I had tons at home premade, plus I know how to make my own so I used a garlic and herb sauce.






4.Sprinkle Manicotti with remaining 1 Cup Mozzarella . Bake for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake for 10 minutes longer.
             

Added Mozzarella





Baked for 15 mins then Sprinkled with Parmesan





It was good despite the Cream Cheese Mix up... I think you could also add Italian Sausage to the cheese mix (cooked of course) and it would be great. If you are a fan of cheese this recipe is for you!!!
If you try it let me know what you think!

Also if you are a freezer meal person the recipe states you can stuff the Manicotti without the Sauce and put in an air tight container and store for upto 1 month!!! NICE!!! Then when you are ready to eat it just defrost add sauce and follow step 4.


ENJOY! I did!








No comments:

Post a Comment