Just Sandy

This is my blog space thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Late- Meaty Macaroni Bake

Frying pan is the only picture I took of the actual process lol! The other pic is from the recipe card.

My Daughter was being crazy clingy so I didn't have a lot of opportunity to take pics and if I did it slipped my mind because I was concentrating! 

This dish was AWESOME!!!! I loved it!!! A great lasagna twist.


Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 16oz jar spicy spaghetti sauce (I did not use spicy because of my 16 month old but I would have normally)
1 4oz can of mushroom pieces, drained
6oz elbow macaroni, divided
1 cup sour cream, divided
4oz provolone cheese, sliced
4oz mozzarella cheese, shredded

Directions:
1. Heat large skillet over med-high hear; add beef. Cook, stirring, until brown and crumbly, about 5 minutes; drain fat.

2. Add onion to skillet; cook 2 minutes. Stir spaghetti sauce and mushrooms into skillet. Simmer covered for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain.

3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray. Layer half the pasta, half the sauce and half the sour cream in prepared baking dish (I recommend something smaller than a 9x13 bc I had to add more pasta or it didn't layer well, too much space). Layer Provolone cheese over top.

4. Continue layering remaining ingredients as in step 3 (not the provolone all of that goes in the middle). Top with mozzarella. Cover loosley with foil sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 25 minutes; uncover. Bake for 5 minutes longer.



No comments:

Post a Comment