Just Sandy

This is my blog space thanks for stopping by!

Friday, April 1, 2011

Breath of Air

Tonight we had dinner with some pretty awesome friends from church. It was so nice to get out and have conversation with them. Both Scott and I felt the love from them and the sincere care for us as we go through this difficult time. It really was so helpful, just the invite alone gave me something to look forward to and a strong sense that someone really cared about this whole thing enough to have us for company. They have a beautiful new baby boy and I was glad to hold him and remember just how tiny my baby use to be (although she never was that small you know what I mean). They expressed concern for having a new born and us over given the circumstance, but It really was helpful and greatly appreciated. 

Another thing that was so helpful today was my sister and I baking a special cake for my dad's birthday party tomorrow. It gave me a focus and sort of an outlet. It was nice to do something special for someone else. Isn't it amazing how that works? Not to not focus on the situation at hand but to just give something to someone else every now and then. So so far today has been a good day. 

I am so glad it is Friday, although because of all the emotional things going on I forgot that we switched bible study nights and we didn't make it. We actually realized that when we were asked which group we switched to during dinner lol!!! It was funny, but hey maybe a small group was better tonight than anything else. I think it was, another way God is looking out for me. I am just glad Scott doesn't have to go to work tomorrow so when I start to feel alone tonight I can lean on Scott and not worry about how he has to get up early. Relief.

I am up for hanging out, and would really like to do more of that for the comfort of having actions show how much people care. It's really nice. It really shows people at church are really a family, there to meet each others needs. It's great to finally find that in a church. 

I praise you God for today, and for my church family. I pray they continue to help me in this healing process. I pray you continue to come along side me and hold me. I pray tonight I do not feel alone and defeated. I pray that you be with my family and keep us safe and positive. Also I pray for Melissa and her family, help her to heal and continue to bless people with her testimony and her personality. In Jesus name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment